Lentil Chickpea Dhal
2 spring onions 1 small piece of ginger 1 clove of garlic 4 tomatoes 1 carrot 1⁄2 cup red lentils 1 can chickpeas (cooked) 1 can coconut milk 1-2 tsp curry powder 1⁄2 tsp chili flakes 1⁄2 tsp cumin Juice of 1⁄2 lemon
• Cut up the spring onions into thin rings. Chop ginger and garlic. Peel the carrot and cut into small pieces. Dice the tomatoes.
• Heat up 1 tbsp coconut milk in a pot. Add spring onions, ginger and garlic together with the chili flakes, cumin and curry powder and fry.
• Wash lentils and chickpeas well. Add to the pot together with the tomato and carrot pieces and let fry for a bit as well.
• Add the remaining coconut milk and give it a good stir. Put the lid on the pot and let simmer for around 20 minutes until the lentils are very soft.
• At the end, stir in the lemon juice and maybe add some more curry powder to taste.
• Now the dhal is ready to serve!