Lemon Coconut Cake
1 cup all-purpose flour 1⁄2 cup almond flour 1 pinch of salt 1 tsp baking soda 1⁄4 tsp cream of tartar 1⁄2 cup cane sugar 1 tsp apple cider vinegar 1⁄4 cup coconut oil, melted 1⁄2 cup plant-based milk (I used almond milk)
1⁄4 cup lemon juice
3⁄4 tsp almond extract 2 tbsp lemon zest (approx. 2 big lemons)
1⁄2 cup shredded coconut
• In a bowl, add all dry ingredients but the shredded coconut and lemon zest. Preheat oven to 350°F.
• Mix the milk and lemon juice and let rest while you put together the rest of the wet ingredients, in a separate bowl.
• Now, add wet ingredients to dry and mix on medium low for a couple of minutes until thoroughly mixed.
• Add coconut and lemon zest and mix gently by hand for a few seconds until well incorporated. Pour the batter in a buttered and lined mold and bake for 55 minutes.
• Let rest for 10 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack. Decorate with toasted coconut, some lemon zest and drizzle some maple syrup.
• Now it is ready to share and chat with a cup of tea... Bon appétit!