(Instant Pot) Creamy Tomato Fennel Soup
Carla Cohen ~
1 onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 fennel bulb, sliced thin
1 (28 oz) can fire-roasted tomatoes
2 tsp Greek seasoning
32 oz veggie broth
2 tbsp tomato paste
1-2 tsp salt
3-4 leaves basil (chiffonade)
Croutons & vegan parmesan for garnish
1 cup raw cashews, soaked overnight
¾ cup water
• To make cashew cream, soak cashews overnight in water.
• Drain and add to high-speed blender with water.
• Blend until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
• Place olive oil in Instant Pot.
• Set to Sauce mode and add onions, garlic and fennel. Sauté until soft.
• Add remaining ingredients except garnish and cashew cream.
• Hit Cancel button and set to manual for 10 minutes.
• Let natural release for 10 minutes.
• Remove soup and blend in a high-speed blender until smooth.
• Add back to pot and stir in cashew cream.
Top with optional garnish of fresh basil, cheese and croutons.