THRIVE Wellness Tips
1. How to Feel Your Best While Traveling: The Travel Essentials
Protect your sleep! The best way to feel and look rested is making sure you get enough rest. Traveling can be stressful, and you need to be at your best.
• Always pack an eye mask that you love. Extra light in those hotels or rentals can interrupt your sleep at 5:00 a.m. and wreck your energy levels all day. Cranky, jet-lagged traveling is no fun.
• Always carry earplugs. We cannot emphasize this enough. Make sure they’re narrow at one end. The wax ones have never helped us.
• Drink water like a maniac. Before those long flights, hydrate like it’s your job. It’ll help prevent swelling and tired, drab skin.
• Elevate your legs for 20 minutes a day, especially after flying.
• Moisturize with pure, organic oils on your face before and during long flights.
• Pack your own food as much as possible to avoid eating garbage in airports and gas stations.
• Research where to eat before you leave.
• Rent a place with a kitchen for stays of more than three days. It saves you money, and you can create beautiful, healthy meals.
• Pack calming essential oils. Dab them on your wrist, eye mask and pillows.
2. More Energy with Our Fav B-Complex Booster. Get Your Bs on with Nutritional Yeast!
We hear a lot about the yeasts that are problematic for the body, but nutritional yeast is full of health benefits. It is a powerhouse of B vitamins, protein and beauty minerals like iron and zinc. It’s an excellent food-based supplement for B vitamins, which support the skin, hair and nails, nervous system and energy levels. It also has an awesome cheesy taste and can substitute for grated parmesan. You can also sprinkle it on popcorn, chili, salads and savory dishes, or give a boost of flavor with all its beautiful benefits to your sauces and dressings.
3. Creating a Clean, Chemical-Free, Healthy Home. Kick Off Your Shoes and Leave Pesticides at the Door
One quick, simple way to reduce pesticides in your home is by taking your shoes off outside. Pesticides can increase the free radical burden in your body, speeding up the aging process and making it harder to maintain a healthy weight, among other things. Even if you buy all organic foods, you can still be surrounded by pesticides at home. One easy way to reduce unwanted germs, pesticides, allergens and other toxins that end up being tracked into your home from lawns, streets and public floors is to remove your shoes as soon as you walk in, or leave them outside. This simple precaution dramatically reduces the number of toxins that end up floating in your home, being breathed in or coming into contact with your skin. Your home is a sacred space, and by removing your shoes right away, you’ll be supporting a healthier environment.