Swedish Apple Pie
50 g vegan butter
40 g cane sugar
200 g spelt flour
50 g almonds/walnuts/ hazelnuts
15 g baking powder
1 tsp cardamom
1 tsp ginger powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1 pinch of salt
200 ml plant-based mylk
20 g agave syrup
• Mix vegan butter with sugar and build a mold.
• Put spelt flour in the mold and mix it with baking powder.
• Now add the nuts, bananas and the spices. Whether you keep the nuts whole or chopped depends on your preference.
• Start with 50 ml mylk and start stirring. Continue adding the rest until 200 ml of mylk has mixed in.
• Take 1 apple and cut it into small pieces. Add it to the dough. Use the other apples as topping.
• Put the dough in a 22 cm baking tin, greased or lined with parchment paper. Preheat the oven to 340°F.
• Now add the apples and sprinkle the agave syrup on top.
• Bake the cake for around 40-45 minutes.
• Best served warm.