Peppermint Hot Chocolate
Julia Koban Trigo
Colorado Springs, Colorado
1 cup almonds, soaked
4 cups water
½ oz unsweetened chocolate
3 tbsp cocoa powder
4-5 medjool dates (pitted)
¼ tsp peppermint extract/oil
• To prepare your almond milk, soak almonds in water for about 4 hours. Drain, wash and place into a high-speed blender.
• Add 4 cups of water and blend at high speed for about 1 minute.
• Drain through a fine sieve or a nut milk bag. If possible, hold on to your leftover almond pulp and use it in other recipes.
• Transfer your almond milk into a high-speed blender.
• Add the rest of the ingredients to the milk and blend for about 2 minutes until dates and chocolate are fully dissolved.
• Transfer into a milk jug/ container and store in the fridge for up to 4 days.
• Enjoy hot with a pinch of coconut cream.