Gnocchi with Pumpkin & Sage
1.2 lbs steamed russet potatoes, riced
2 tbsp olive oil
2½ cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp salt
½ small pumpkin
A handful of fresh sag
2-3 tbsp vegan butter or olive oil
2 tbsp nutritional yeast
Salt and pepper, to taste
• Preheat your oven to 360°F and line a baking sheet. Cut the pumpkin into cubes and roast them for about 30 minutes or until soft.
• Combine the riced potatoes, salt, olive oil and flour in a big bowl and use your hands to mix the ingredients together and form a smooth ball of dough. Add more flour if too sticky!
• Take a small chunk of the dough, form it into a rough ball and roll down the back of a fork. This step is optional but will give you the typical gnocchi shape.
• Repeat with the rest of the dough. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, add the gnocchi to the pot and let them cook for about 4-5 minutes. Take them out with a slotted spoon.
• Melt down the vegan butter in a big pan over medium heat and add the coarsely chopped sage leaves. Add pumpkin and gnocchi and gently toss to combine. Let fry for a couple of minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste and enjoy!
• Short on time? Skip making your own gnocchi and use store-bought instead for a super quick option.