Venezuelan Yuca Fries with Mojito
Based in Amsterdam, Netherlands
1 kg yuca root, peeled and sliced into fries
2 cups vegetable oil, for frying
½ onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
70 g parsley, chopped
100 g coriander, chopped
½ cup vegetable oil
¹⁄³ cup white vinegar
¼ red bell pepper
Salt & pepper
• In a large pot, bring water with a pinch of salt to a boil (enough water to cover the yuca). Cook yuca for about 20 min until it is tender.
• Remove the yuca from the water and pat dry with paper towels.
• In a large pan, heat vegetable oil over a high flame. Drop the yuca fries in the oil and let them cook until they turn golden brown.
• Move them to a paper towel to drain off excess oil. Season to taste with salt.
• In a food processor, pulse all ingredients until well combined, about 2 min. Season with salt and pepper to taste.