Dark Chocolate Tart
Julia Koban Trigo
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Instagram: @delight.fuel | delight-fuel.com
¼ cup maple syrup (optional)
¼ tsp salt
¼ cup almond butter
6 oz unsweetened 100% chocolate
½ cup almonds
5 tbsp coconut oil, melted
2 tbsp maple syrup
1½ cans full-fat coconut milk
6-8 pitted medjool dates, softened
1½ cups gluten-free oats
• Preheat oven to 360°F. Grease a 9-inch tart pan with coconut oil and set aside.
• For the crust, add oats and almonds into a food processor. Pulse until combined and add maple syrup and coconut oil. Process into a moist mixture. Firmly press dough into the tart pan and press up on the sides as well. Bake for about 10-15 minutes until crust appears golden brown. Let sit for about 5-10 minutes, and then transfer onto a cooling rack.
• For the dark chocolate mousse filling, heat coconut milk and soaked dates in a small pot over medium-high heat, whisking continuously until dates have dissolved. • Turn heat to low and add the chocolate. Stir until chocolate has melted.
• Finally, add in almond butter and maple syrup if preferred. It gives the mousse filling that glossy shine.
• Let mixture cool for a couple minutes and then pour into tart. Refrigerate for at least 2-3 hours until mousse tart has fully set. Top off with extra chocolate shavings and leftover mousse if preferred. Store in refrigerator for up to 1 week.