Quick Keto Spinach Soup
Based in Amsterdam, Netherlands
1 kg baby spinach
6 cups homemade vegetable stock
1 cup full-fat coconut milk
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 onion, roughly chopped
1 tbsp coconut oil
Salt & pepper
Chopped parsley and roasted almonds for garnishing
• In a large pot over medium heat, heat coconut oil and sauté garlic and onion for about 4 min.
• Remove the stems of the spinach before washing. Rinse the leaves well and drain them.
• On a medium-high flame, add the still wet spinach and close the lid. Cook for about 7 minutes.
• Pour over the stock, and bring it to a gentle boil. Cook for 5 min, while stirring constantly.
• Allow the soup to cool. Once cooled, blend in a mixer until smooth.
• Return the soup to the large pot. Bring to a boil and stir in coconut cream.
• Garnish with fresh chopped parsley and roasted almonds.